It's about the clothes. Not the girl. But that's the fun of it. So just keep guessing...

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Let's Party

Parties are always tough, because no one wants to be over-dressed, but being underdressed is just as mortifying. So I compiled my party rules-of-thumb into a list:

1. Jacket- No matter what, it's safe to bring a jacket or sweater of some type to parties. First, because you may end up wanting to be more on the conservative side once you see what everyone else is wearing. But you still have the option to not wear it! Also, layering can drastically dress up or dress down a look to your convenience. In my case with this photo, I used a leather jacket to dress up my look and add a different, yet compatible, texture to my outfit!

2. Heels or no heels? This is a tough one. So what I always do is go with my gut, but bring an extra pair of the other choice. Usually I start by wearing heels, and if by the looks of the atendees' outfits I don't feel comfortable wearing them, I pull out my back- up shoes!!! (Flats or dressy sandals)

3. Style/ Cut of the outfit- At parties, we all want to look hot. So take advantage of parties to spunk it up and flaunt what you've got! Skirts and dresses are popular choices, with good reason. I definitely recommend either of these, and depending on your body type you could wear a tight bodycon type outfit or one with more of a flow like my skirt in this post! Regardless, just know there are thousands of clothes out there that you can use to bring out the best features of your body-- no need to change your body! :)

4. Colors- Depending on where you are, the best colors could change dramatically! If you're in a dark place, go for a pop of color paired with a bold print. The outfit I wore in this post is an example of that, because it will be fairly visible but not flamboyant in dark settings!! If you're at a dinner party, go for more of a solid or neutral color scheme, and let the accessories and shoes add the spunk.

Hopefully these helped! Above all, be yourself and have fun :)

Awesome linkups this week for heels:
http://www.visionsofvogue.com/
http://www.thefashioncanvas.com/
http://www.walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com/

Stay happy <3










No comments:

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Post a Comment

I love reading and replying to your comments :) and I follow back my followers!